WordPress in now the most popular CMS program in use on the web, it is popular with all developers, both those that work for companies and those that freelance. The infographic below show some of the comparisons between how the two different types of developers are using WordPress. Let us take a quick look at some of these statistics. This information comes from a user survey performed by WordPress in 2011.
How developers are driving the business adoption of WordPress
Developers who work for companies……………………….29%
Developers who are freelance………………………………….71%
Company build sites total………………………………………….33
Freelancer built sites total…………………………………………18
Total company output based around WordPress……….59%
Percentage of freelance time spent with WordPress…48%
Are developers making a living with WordPress?
Developers working for companies
3.1% responded that they made their living with WordPress
5% responded that they made a partial living with WordPress
1.2% responded that they did not make their living with WordPress
Developers working as freelancers
1.2% responded that they made their living using WordPress
5% responded that they made part of their living using WordPress
3% responded that they did not make their living using WordPress
Developers were ask how they were most likely to use WordPress
1. Developers that work for companies are more likely to:
Write a Plugin
Attend a Wordcamp or meetup
Contribute to core or to the codex
2. Developers that are freelancers are more likely to:
Write a Theme from scratch
Submit a WordPress bug report
Answer a question in a WordPress forum
How do Developers use WordPress?
8% Use it for a Blog
61% Use it for CMS
31% Use it for both purposes
How much do developers customize their sites from the original install?
75% state that the front end is unrecognizable but nothing is changed in the admin
20% state that they change the theme and add plugins4% state that they customize everything, including the admin
1% state that they change nothing whatsoever
Copyright © 2012 Blogging Tips. This Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, the site you are looking at is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact us so we can take legal action immediately.
SEO Web Design:
- Proper document structure, Page Heading and sub heading in <H1> followed by <H2>, <H3>, <H4>, <H5>, <H6> and Page content in <P> tags.
- Ensure main content appears near the top of a page in <body> start.
- Clean separation of data, styles, java script, client side scripting as external file.
- Add user Sitemap with all page URL's.
- Having Header and footer links in text format rather than images and avoid java script for adding links.
- Adding bread crumbs to all pages and it should look like Home (link) >> Services (link) >> SEO.
- Ensure page conforms to W3C accessibility standards (Additional Value).
- Click-able text in a hyperlink - Anchor text.
- Reducing Table structure, especially nested tables.
Read more - Search Engine Optimization (SEO) 101: Basics
SEO Web Development:
- Creating Search engine friendly URL's by removing Id’s and stop characters if it is a CMS site and page URL words can be separated by underscores or hyphens.
- Creating Meta data setup provision if it is a CMS site by way of adding and editing Title & Meta tags.
- Custom error 404 page for broken links.
- Generate dynamic RSS feeds for pages.
- Competitor analysis for finding out your Competitor business keywords.
- Adding anchor texts as keywords.
- Use long tail key phrases that has combination of keywords.
- Use Google suggest to identify most searched keywords and next most search keywords and so. Have those keywords combinations for promotion.
- Analyze your Google Analytics for search keywords and promote the keywords that list behind few pages. Find out the ratio of the visit conversion and work accordingly.
- Configure the site with Google, Yahoo and Bing Webmaster Tools to provide information about your site.
- * Make use of Google Webmaster tool to find broken links, server crawl ratio and server response and do necessary fixes if any.
- Make sure your default page is redirected to the domain so that the page rank is not shared for the same content.
- Use only unique content.
- * Never use any software to help you for SEO.
- * Adding robots to website, tell the search engines to index your site and which pages they should index.
- Improving content of existing web pages by adding optimized keywords.
- Use canonical tag to avoid search engine indexing site duplicate pages.
- Monitoring search results for optimised pages and improving with inlinks comparison and keywords results.
- Add robots.txt file to your site root to tell search engine bots what folders to be indexed and what not.
Read more - 5 Minutes Google Panda SEO Checklist
- Adding links to the identified Search engines, Business directories, yellow page, white pages, classifieds and websites.
- Social sites submission.
- RSS feed submission.
- Press release and News submission.
- Create a Blog and submit to Blog direcoties related to category.
- Human edited, local and Regional directory submission.
- Creating Pod cast and adding to Pod cast directories.
- Continuous link building to achieve page rank and improve backlinks.
- Do not add site to paid directories that doesn't follow Google guidelines.
- Do not submit your new site to 1000 of directories in one fine day. Be moderate and think for long term.
Open Source SEO:
- Have content-based theme with will formatted CSS validation
- Use "All in SEO" Plugin" to have control over your blog post page Tilte and Meta tags
- Work on Blog Permalink to make it search engine friendly URL. Navigate to wordpress admin >> "Permalinks" >> "Custom structure" option to add the tag /%postname%/ for blog post search engine friendly URL
- Have you archive section enabled for you new visitors
- Use cloud tag for your blog that can help your site visitors to click on popular tags
- Use "Google Sitemaps" plugin to create sitemap.xml file and let Google know pages to be indexed
- Add your sitemap.xml file to Google, Yahoo and Bing Webmaster tools
- Configure Google Analytics and work on blog traffic progress.
- Setup Google Feedburner for your blog and have an option for blog visitors to subscribe for new blog posts.
Read more - Best 12 WordPress SEO Tips and Advice
- Try to reduce code size of the default CSS by having only the suitable ones
- Path module in drupal needs to be enabled
- Meta tag Module needs to be configured
- Use robots.txt file to block unwant URL's
- Add breadcrums towards naviagtional structure
- Have your xml sitemap enabled and configure with Google webmaster tools
- Design drupal theme with XHTML to have the code size less
Read more - Top 10 Drupal SEO Tips and Advice
- SEO extension in Joomla gives helps you to manage the META and title settings.
- Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URLs extension creates Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URLs for page categories, sub categories, and any leavel of sub-pages.
- Simple SEO extension will show how search engines look at your content.
- Google Sitemap extension is used to generate and integrate Google XML sitemap for good indexing amoung Google and other major search engines.
- SearchCloud and Lists module creates Cloud or a List of popular search query.