As you known, the new generation of Apple iPad comes with 32GB of NAND flash drive and 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless capability and Apple needs a money of 4.35 to build one of its. If you also calculate the .75 manufacturing costs, so the cost to produce the new iPad would be 5.10 for the 32GB version, 7.55 for the 16GB version and 7.95 for the 64GB version. The 4.35 of money represents 50 percents of the 9 retail price of the new Apple iPad 32GB + 4G. Please note that these costs do not include additional expenses such as software, licensing, royalties or other expenditures. You could check the table bellow for more details on the bill of materials. More on this, the new Apple iPad comes with the Retina Display with a resolution of 2,048 by 1,536 pixels, costs (compared to for the screen of the iPad 2). In the individual new iPad analyzed, the NAND flash drive was provided by Toshiba Corp. However, Samsung also is a source of NAND for the new iPad. At this version, the Apple iPad 32GB LTE, the NAND flash drive costs .60. However, Toshiba, Hynix Semiconductor and [...]
Apple has just announced to us that the company sold more than three million units of the new Apple iPad 2012 since it’s launch this past Friday. “The new iPad is a blockbuster with three million sold―the strongest iPad launch yet,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “Customers are loving the incredible new features of iPad, including the stunning Retina display, and we can’t wait to get it into the hands of even more customers around the world this Friday.” If you aren’t living in the U.S states, you can now looking for this new iPad because it’s already available in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and the US Virgin Islands. Moreover, Apple will bring this newest and hottest tablet into 24 more countries starting at 8:00 a.m. local time on Friday, March 23 through, including Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Mexico, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
Now more people are using online sources to find information on products, services and ideas. A perfectly optimized press release can bring top results for your new heading.
(1) Proofread what you have written. Print it and proofread again. Invest more time.
(2) Identify strong headline and summary with most related & preferred keywords. Grab readers and search engines attention.
(3) Have a professional content writer and provide her/him a draft of your content. Make sure the writer understands the requirement. Read the content two to three times.
(4) Write for your audience. Apart from stating your products and businesses launches do mention about the experience your type of audience will feel.
(5) Have your press release with info-graphics, links and videos.
(6) Use anchor text and hyperlinks to point to your site and products/services page.
(7) Give examples of solutions you have provided with your products & services.
(8) Don't feel sky or afraid of mentioning your success. Highlight your success stories.
(9) Provide introduction for your products and services and for more details, provide links that goes to your web pages.
(10) Write the facts and shorten the story with fewer words with well picked search keyword phrases.
SEO is not just about keywords in page content and link building; SEO has to be implemented in technical side too. If you are thinking of improving your SERPs and traffic, you need to follow the below mentioned SEO technical tips.
(1) Make sure you 301 redirect http://yoursite.com to http://www.yoursite.com (or either).
(2) Sort your site duplicate content issue by 301 redirection from http://www.yoursite.com/index.php to http://www.yoursite.com (goes with all page extensions like /.asp, /.htm, /.aspx and so).
(3) Have your site page URL search engine friendly. A page URL should not look like www.yoursite.com/innerpage?id=203. Have it with the desired page name, something like www.yoursite.com/203/your-name.
(4) If your site has N number of page and also if you post couple of content every day then it is recommended to have dynamic web sitemap & XML sitemap.
(5) Improve your site speed by resolving errors and optimizing image size.
(6) Have unique title for all dynamic pages. You can hardcode the system to have the page name in titles (Services or products).
(7) Configure custom 404 page for your website or point 404 to you sitemap.
(8) Use Google webmaster URL removal tool to get rid of unwanted page & broken link index.
(9) Use rel=" nofollow" to a link un-trusted page i.e. when you refer to a content through a link.
Follow the above technical SEO tips for your site and see the improvement in ranking and traffic. If you have clarification, feel free to contact me.
If you search for your keywords and compare with your online competitors, your listing would be different based on many factors. Here many do think "how competitors site ranks well even if their Google Page Rank is low than my website".
You need to understand two points, first point is that the Page Rank you see through Google tool bar or any 3rd party online tool is of old data. These are tracked for Google’s internal references and they are no more related to SERP’s.
And point 2, site SERP’s varies based on content and quality backlinks with right anchor text related to the site subject and also sometimes there would be difference based on keyword page you focus. Keywords in home page ranks well then keywords in inner page. So compare all these SEO factors with your site and improve your SERP’s.
Like Jag's SEO a day blog Facebook page. Help the page to grow and reach all SEO help seekers
As we know Google panda update strikes and still striking the best SEO practices. Even if your site follows all search engine friendly structure guidelines the main goal should also include user’s experience. For this the key metrics are bounce rate and browse rate.
Your Bounce rate should not be 100% and your Browse rate should be 100%.
What is bounce rate?
In Google Analytics, bounce rate in percentage shows the visitors activity on who left the page in one single visit. The possibilities are,
1. The entrance page is not relevant
2. The content is not clear
3. The design looks very bad
4. If there are no proper navigation links
5. If no relevant links to the subject
6. If the page loads too slow
What is browse rate?
Browse rate refers to the visits page depth and time spent on each page. If your site looks good and the content is informative then your page should be one of the favorites for the visitor.
By now you would have got an idea on Bounce rate and Browse rate metrics and how it helps your organic listing. Work on your site and improve user’s experience.
As we know Google is trying to bring best search results with wide range of algorithms and the most popular panda update does a lot to meet user’s experience. In some cases, even now we see n number of scrapper sites and search manipulation sites in web search. Google is still fighting to get all these sites dumped.
What Google hates?
1. Serving different results for search engines and users.
2. Content copied from different sites.
3. Buying paid links to manipulate site ranking.
4. Keyword stuffing in content and HTML tags.
5. Hiding keywords using style sheet.
7. Slow loading sites.
8. Low server response sites.
9. Duplicate URLs and sites that don’t use canonical URL tags.
10. Dynamic sites that doesn’t use parameter handling.
11. Pages that have high bounce rate.
12. Tags that doesn’t meet body content.
13. Low average time spent on each page.
14. Non-search engine friendly URLs
15. Images that are not optimized which results in slow loading pages.
16. Interlinking with your own hosted domains.
17. Getting traffic from Spyware or through running some sort of scripts.
18. Links to spammer sites and bad neighborhood sites.
19. Having same content in your domain and sub domains.
20. Pages that installs Badware.
21. Affiliate program with no unique or relevant content.
22. Too many reciprocal links with irrelevant content sites or reciprocating links with bad neighborhood sites.
23. Misspelled words to get higher ranking in search results.
If you find any of these Google hates (Black hat SEO techniques) in your site or your friend’s site, take immediate steps to resolve or the site will get banned at any time or will be flagged as spam in search. If the site got banned for not following Google guidelines, take immediate measures by analyzing the above mentioned points and fix accordingly. Once you're are sure that you follow the Google guidelines then you can use the Google index reconsideration form.
This blog post is about Keywords 101 and it includes information on how keywords works with search, types of keywords and effective easy to search keywords using Google operator. Keywords are of many types that vary to the individual human behavior. Keywords are not created they are formed.
What are Keywords?
Keywords are words that are used to search information in Search Engines that refers to a specific topic. Keywords can vary like Singular Keywords, Plural keywords, Strong & Weak keywords, Global & Local keywords, Misspelled keywords, Seasonal keywords and Long tail keywords.
When you search for information using a Keyword, the Search Engine looks for all the indexed pages in the database contacting the specific word or words (Called as keywords). If you try for a Keyword 'SEO and SMO' then the search engine will look for the pages that contain the words 'SEO and SMO'. Despite you will see topics that relates to only SEO and as well you will also find topics that only relates to SMO. If you need the search result that includes both 'SEO and SMO' then you have to use an advance operator " ". Here an example advance search Keyword "SEO and SMO" to check the web search results that has all words and following the exact order of words. You can read more on advance operator section below..
Types of Keywords
Keywords are of many types that vary to the individual human behavior. Keywords are not created they are formed. Sometimes Today's Keywords will not be Tomorrow's. Even there are Keywords that get disappeared. For example, if a Keyword is based on a specific technology and the technology is outdated than people will not be searching for those words and obviously the Keywords will be disappeared or can be changed to some other form based on the versions and future technology. Likewise same for many industries. Here are the types of Keywords that can give you more idea.
(1) Singular Keywords:
Form of a word that is used to search a single piece of product or niche information. Singular Keywords had to be used according to the need and generally Keyword formation should be smart.
For example, a singular keyword can be something like - book and can't be like - Cricket shoe. People will search for shoes and not shoe.
(2) Plural keywords:
Form of a word that is used to search more than one specific object or range of information. Compared to the above example Plural keywords can be used like - Cricket shoes and it is meaningful and the simple difference between the singular and the plural is an “s” or “es” at the end of the word.
Now a days, Google and other major search engines are smart enough to find the relationship between plural and singular. Google also index and values singular keywords for some of the targeted plural keywords based on the people search behavior. That is, users who search for the plural keywords may still get benefit out of web pages that focus the singular keywords.
(3) Strong Keywords:
Strong keywords have high volume of search and it takes up from single word to even some Geo specific keywords. This depends entirely on the user volume those who are looking for the information. Promoting web page for strong keywords is not so easy as the competition would be much high and as well will have large number of results.
Here few examples for Strong Keywords:
* Apple ipad
(4) Weak Keywords:
Weak Keywords are low volume keywords but it can produce a decent reference for business enquiries. Normally more than two or more words search keyword comes under weak keywords criteria. For creating week keywords, you can try to add your location to strong keywords and measure the search volume using a keyword tool.
This will work for many industries and you can obtain a decent traffic for start and gradually you can focus strong keywords. There are even week keywords that are not location specific since those keywords might have less competition and search results based on industries you target.
(5) Global Keywords:
Global Keywords are not location specific and most of the keywords are targeted for Dot com search engines and the importance of site listing for Global keywords are not restricted to regional specific search engines.
(6) Local Keywords:
Local Keywords are location specific and the keywords can be targeted for regional search engines. Normally local keywords are specific to your languages and targeted country.
Example for local keywords
* Web design London
* SEO New York
(7) Misspelled Keywords:
Misspelled Keywords are formed when huge volume of search engine users have problem with spellings and make typo mistakes while searching for information. And also some spell different and it depends on country. In US the spell is 'color' and in Australia it is written as 'Colour'
One good example is 'accommodation' word. Some type as 'accomodation' and 'accomadation'
(8) Sesonal Keywords:
Seasonal Keywords occur only on certain times of the year. A good example is a greeting card site and seasonal product-selling site. Seasonal Keywords competition changes based on the volume of the search.
In Christmas period, users will be searching for Christmas greeting cards and Christmas gifts. Other than November and December these keywords will have least importance.
(9) Long Tail Keywords :
Long tail keyword are combination of highly searched keyword phrases that generates relevant phrases. These long tail in keywords can provide a significant amount of traffic and when promoted well these keywords can provide a good amount of traffic for original keywords that are used to combine to form a long tail keyword.
These type of long tail keywords are used for article title and press release heading and a good long tail keywords can generate higher conversion rate than a normal keyword (Called as short tail keyword).
Keyword Search Operators
Keywords search Operators help a lot with search and to become a real Keyword search expert you can use the following operators like,
(1 ) Plus (+) Operator
+ Operator with a word / keyword helps to search the web results with those specific keyword around content, title, Meta tags and links.
From Figure (A) you can see a search keyword "business directories" and the results would be varied based on the words directory and directories. The actual search was for "business directories" and not "business directory" but yet you can see results for both directories and directory.
When you use an operator "+" you can see changes in results as seen in Figure (B). The result shows for the word directories.
Note: Now Google has replaced + with "".
(2) Minus (-) operator
- Operator with a word / keyword helps to omit those words from search results.
When you use an operator "-" you can see the web results as seen in Figure (C.) The result will not show search terms that include the word “directories” and show only related to the word “business”.
(3) Related (~) operator
~ Operator with a word / keyword helps to find search results that are related to the search term.
When you use an operator "~" with the word “directories” as seen in Figure (D), then you can see the results that includes words like "search, guide, white pages and so".
(4) OR operator
OR operator in-between search terms help the user with the results containing either one word.
When we use OR operator in-between “business” and “directories” words as seen in Figure (E) then the web search results will be displayed containing word business OR directories.
Keywords Role in SEO
Being Keywords as one of the major factor for SEO - an explanation is given in one of my post about how effectively Keywords can be used for Search Engine Optimization(SEO). The below topics are covered in the post"how to improve content writing to rank in first page?".
(a) SEO copy writing - Two Ways
(b) Four Keyword Strategies
(i) Keyword Density
(ii) Keyword Prominence
(iii) Keyword Frequency
(iv) Keyword Proximity
(c) Maintaining the position.
(d) Example on SEO Copy Writing Using Keywords
By now this Keywords 101 post should have helped you to know all about Keywords and its use. Feel free to post your comment on what you know about Keywords.
In continuation with the previous post, here are some more common questions I see in my Google Analytics log. The post help to get direct answers for the question.
(1) How many words can I use in H1 tags?
H1 tags are for page headings. There are no fixed numbers. Have H1 tag meaning full for page body content that helps users and search engines to understand better. Normally 4 to 5 words are seen around as maximum and they were meaningful.
(2) Can I use the same article content in different articles site?
No you should not. Have one article per site. Do not duplicate. Make sure that the articles site is not a scrapper site.
(3) Does Google prioritize search results?
Yes Google lists search results based on website popularity and the factors includes links to your site, search engine friendly structure, quality content and many other factors. Follow Google guidelines to increase your online presence.
(4) How to get listed higher in Google?
Your site should meet Google guidelines provided the site should have relevant backlinks for your users search keywords and should have quality resources (articles, news etc). If it is a service site, build internal links from your resources.
(5) How often does Google crawl?
There is no fixed time interval. Crawls are based on backlinks, content updates, PageRank and many other factors. Build crawler-friendly pages by following Google guidelines.
(6) What is the Google panda factor?
Panda is a filter that finds low-quality pages. If you have too many low-quality pages then the site will be flagged. Read more on Google panda factor checklist.
(7) What are more important backlinks according to Google?
Backlinks that are related to your site theme and the linking site should have related content around.
(8) What does the term keyword prominence refer to?
Keyword prominence refers to the priority given for the keywords in top content, Title, H tags and Meta tags.
(9) What directories does Google like?
Human edited directories are linked most.
(10) Should I mention sitemap in robots.txt file?
Mentioning sitemap XML in robots.txt helps spiders to know the location of the sitemap.
The blog post “SEO questions answered” will be a weekly update. I will be answering the question as I find in my Google Analytics search log. Subscribe and stay tuned!